This is an analysis of the poem Reflex Musings: Reflections From Various Surfaces that begins with:
In the dense entangled street,
Where the web of Trade is weaving,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbaba cdcddcdc dedeeded dbdbXdbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0010101 10101010 1010111 10111010 10101010 1010101 111010010 10100111 1010101 10101110 1110101 11101010 10111010 00011001 10101010 1011111 1010101 10111110 1010111 10111010 11111110 1111101 10101110 1010101 1010001 101001010 0010101 10101010 111001100 1111101 10101010 1011111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 261
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; words is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word words is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Reflex Musings: Reflections From Various Surfaces;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.