This is an analysis of the poem Quart Pot Creek that begins with:
On an evening ramble lately, as I wandered on sedately,
Linking curious fancies, modern, mediaeval, and antique—... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbbb cbcbbb XbXbbX Xbdbbb dbebbb ebXbbb Xbcb bb Xcbabbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,4,2,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101011101010 101001010100101 10001010101001010 001010101110001 111100100010101 10111111 1011111011101010 1010101010100101 10111010110000010 11100100010111 110011001110001 1110111 1011100101001110010 101000101110111 1010101010101010 1100010101010101 100111101111101 1010110 11111011111001011 001010101011101 1011100011111010 11110101010011 111100100110011 1010001 1010111010101010 111100001110101 1110101000101010 101110101010101 010000101010101 0010101 1011111011101010 101011101110111 0010011010101010 111010101011011 10111001011011 1010111 111001001110100 111010100010001 1110101011101010 101110100010101 111010100010101 0111111 1010101010101010 101010101010101 10101001010001110 101100101010001 00101011010001 1011111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 318
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 58 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, and, of, many, i, thee, name are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines physique, greek, speak, week, reek are repeated).
The poet repeated the same words cheek, creek at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Quart Pot Creek;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by James Brunton Stephens
- Analysis of On A Fork Of Byron's
- Analysis of The Gentle Anarchist
- Analysis of Marsupial Bill: Part Second.