This is an analysis of the poem Off The Track that begins with:
Oh where the deuce is the track, the track?
Round an' round, an' forrard, an' back!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Aabb ccdd eeff ccee Aagg hhcc iidd hhccddcc cc dd jjff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,8,2,2,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100101 11111011 10111111 11011111011 11010101 111111011 1101011 1111101111 111010101 11011101 111101011 111011101 10111111 110011111 101011011 110111101 110100101 010100101 110101111 111111101 100110111 11011111 1101101101 1011101011 1111001101 11011101 1010110111 01111101 1111111 1011101 1011101 1011111 10101110101 0111101011 0101100111 10110100101 101101111 111101111 1010110101 101101101 110011111 110101111 101101111 11101111001
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; an', belt, on are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words an', i'm are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Off The Track;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.