This is an analysis of the poem Ek Wou So Graag 'N Liggie Sien that begins with:
Ek wou so graag 'n liggie sien
wanneer ek in my donker huis...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX aXbcXb dcXXcX XXdXad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111011 10101101 11010011 01011110 0101111 10110110 1111011 11000101 111110101 11111010 101111 01010111 1110101 11110010 11001111 01010101 10101101 0100100 11100111 01011101 11110101 11111111 11111111 1110011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 189
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; die, van are repeated.
The author used the same word ek at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ek Wou So Graag 'N Liggie Sien;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Jacob Daniël du Toit
- Analysis of O, Die Oggendstond Op 'N Boereplaas!
- Analysis of Die Os
- Analysis of Ek Wou My Ganse Digkuns Waag