This is an analysis of the poem Hell's Half Acre that begins with:
Six years of life in the reek of things
Where love is a fay unknown;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbcbadXD ecXcXcfc XeaeXfgf dgaXAdaD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100100101 1100101 010110101 1110101 110100101 1111101 111101111 1110101 111110101 1111101 011000111 011101 111100101 1101101 1010111101 011111 110100101 1110101 011100101 1010101 110100101 0100101 011101111 1100111 110100101 0010101 110100101 0110101 100100101 1101101 111100111 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 277
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; no, of, and, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words no, his are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hell's Half Acre;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.