This is an analysis of the poem The Sword that begins with:
THE FORGING OF THE SWORD.
At the forging of the Sword--... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a Aaaaa Abbca Addaa Aeefa Aaaga AaaXa Ahhga adadAA gidiAA ihahAA fchXAA Xgggaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010001 1010001 010101 1011001 110111 1101010001 1010001 110101 011101 111101 1101010001 1010001 110111 1110101 110111 10101010001 1010001 110111 110101 1111001 1100010001 1010001 010111 011101 00101110 0101010001 1010001 011101 110001 110111 1101010001 1010001 110101 0011101 010101 10101010001 11111101 11110111 01111101 01111101 11111111 1101111 11011111 11111100 110111101 11110101 11111111 1101111 11111100 11010101 10010101 01010101 11111111 1101111 110011101 11000101 11110011 111110100 11111111 1101111 10111111 11111111 110101001 11010101 11110101 01111111
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 166
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 67
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, more, no are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words like, the are repeated.
The author used the same word at at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines sword is repeated).
The poet repeated the same words sword, lord at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Sword;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.