This is an analysis of the poem The Roman Rose-Seller that begins with:
Not from Paestum come my roses; Patrons, see
My flowers are Roman-blown; their nectaries... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcbdcabebbfgfXXhfihXeafXjhehfXckighXaiejhlXhikghbdl
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 53,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10101110101 11011011100 1101011101 110101010001 1101010101 1101011101 01010111001 1001010101 0101110101 0111111101 010101000101 010101010101 01111101010 0100010101 110101001 01011001010 100111110010 100111010111 00110011101 1111110111 010100001010 101101001101 0101111111 110101101 110010011010 111101111010 1111011010 1100100110111 011111101 110110010001 11010110101 110101110101 11001011101 0101110111 1101010111 111110101 1111000111 0100011101 1111011101 1100010011101 11101100111 1101010101 0101110101 01101011101 0111011110 010100110111 011101010101 01110100111011 1111010111 110100110101 0111010111 0111010101 0101000100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2362
- Average number of words per stanza: 440
- Amount of lines: 53
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; roses is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words a, to, or are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Roman Rose-Seller;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.