This is an analysis of the poem In Exchange For His Soul! that begins with:
Long time one whisper'd in his ear--
'Give me my strong, pure soul; behold... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaX cXcX XdXd bebe fgfg cccX hhhX bcbc idid agaX dXdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11110001 11111101 11011111 010011 11110111 11010101 11111101 110111 11011101 11010101 01011111 110101 01110111 11110101 10111111 111111 10110101 11110101 11010111 010111 11111111 11110101 010111001 1100100 11011101 010101011 11010110 101011 01110111 11110101 11110111 111001 11011111 01010101 11110111 0111001 10010101 11110111 110101001 111101 10111111 11010101 11110111 1111100
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 139
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In Exchange For His Soul!;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.