This is an analysis of the poem Beside The Sea that begins with:
ONE time he dreamed beside a sea
That laid a mane of mimic stars... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc dedebb aaffaX egegcc gegeaX ccXXgX acaXgX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 11010101 010010101 0111101 01010101 11011101 01110101 10011111 111001001 10110001 01110111 11110101 11010101 1101111 11100101 11000111 11011111 11010100 01000111 10110001 101000101 10110001 11011101 01110101 110111111 01011111 01111101 01110001 010111101 01011101 111001011 01011100 10110101 0111001110 11111001 01110101 111111011 01000101 11010101 10110111 11011001 11010001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 213
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he, to, ' are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words of, as, he, to are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase he connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Beside The Sea;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.