This is an analysis of the poem Among The Corn that begins with:
The girl sat down 'mid the rustling corn,
And startled a nested bird,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb Xcdc eccc faXa fdXd gfaf dgXgXacec
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 011110101 1100101 110100101 1111111 110110111 1110111 110111101 1110101 111101101 110101 0110110101 11101111 110100101 1010101 011100111 1110101 110101111 0010111 1010110101 11001001 110010101 1101101 000100101 1010101 100111101 1010101 111011101 1010101 1011110101 1010111 110101101 1100101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, what are repeated.
The author used the same word she at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Among The Corn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.