This is an analysis of the poem The Fields Of Even that begins with:
O STILLER than the fields that lie
Beneath the morning heaven,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb deXe dfaf cfXf agXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010111 0101010 11011101 0101010 01010101 1001110 01011110 0101010 10010101 1101010 10010111 1101010 11010111 0101110 1100111001 0101010 01011001 1101011 10010101 1101011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 124
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Fields Of Even;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.