This is an analysis of the poem Rose Dolores that begins with:
THE moan of Rose Dolores, she made her plaint to me,
'My hair is lifted by the wind that sweeps in from the sea;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaX bbX aaX ccX ddX eee XaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101010110101 11010101110001 11010111110111 1011010101101 110101111100011 11101101110101 0101010110111 11011111110001 11010101010001 1011010101111 11010110100101 111101011001010 0101010110111 11100101111111 11111111111101 1011010110101 11010101010101 11111111111101 0101010111100 11011111010101 11111001110111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 172
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 57 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, thy, fisher's are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rose Dolores;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.