This is an analysis of the poem Psalm 75 that begins with:
Power and government from God alone.
[Applied to the glorious Revolution by King William, or the happy accession of King George to the throne.]... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa bcbd efef acac gggg dhdh iaia jcjcXfgfg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011000101 0100100101011101010010011001 01110111 01111101 11011101 11010101 10110001 01010101 11010101 01010001 10110101 11011101 011110101 01010101 11010111 11111101 11110101 11011111 11010111 11010101 11011101 11110101 11100101 11010101 10110001 01110101 01110101 010101001 01010101 11110101 11010101 11110101 11110001 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 144
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, thy are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words to, thy, his, 'tis, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Psalm 75;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.