This is an analysis of the poem Psalm 73 Part 1 that begins with:
Afflicted saints happy, and prosperous sinners cursed.
Now I'm convinced the Lord is kind... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bcXc dede fgfg hihX jXjX bcbc jaja akak fajaXcici
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101101100101 10010101 010101 111101100 110101 11010101 110101 101010111 110011 101111101 111101 01011101 110101 101111101 111101 11110101 0101110 11110101 111110 101110111 11011100 11111111 010101 11010111 111101 11010101 110101 11010101 0101001 110110001 111111 01000101 1110001 111100111 110101 10011101 110101 11110101 0111001 1111101 111011
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 122
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, their, in, my, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word how is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase there connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Psalm 73 Part 1;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.