This is an analysis of the poem Psalm 119 Part 8 that begins with:
The word of God is the saint's portion.
ver. 111, paraphrased. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a X bcbc dede afafXdede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010100110 111000 11111111 110100 111101001 110101 110100011 111101 11010011 010101 10110101 1010101 10010111 110101 01011101 011101 11010101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 92
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Psalm 119 Part 8;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.