This is an analysis of the poem Hymn 54 that begins with:
Electing grace; or, Saints beloved in Christ.
Eph. 1:3ff. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a X bbcc ddee ccdX XfffXaadd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011101001 11 10111101 11111101 11010001 11010101 1001110011 11110111 01110101 11010101 10010101 01110111 11000101 10000101010 10000001 11011111 01010101 01010001 01111111 00010001 11110101 110101010
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 109
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hymn 54;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.