This is an analysis of the poem Hymn 19 that begins with:
The song of Simeon; or, Death made desirable.
Luke 2:27ff ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a X bcbc Xded dede XeXX fefe gaga
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010011101000 11 11110101 1101001 11011101 111101 01011101 001111 11000101 110101 1011101011 1001101 11110101 111101 100010101 010111 11010111 0111010 10010011 110101 11111101 010011 11111111 111101 010100111 110011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hymn 19;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.