This is an analysis of the poem Is It The Child Of Moon that begins with:
Is it the child of moon
Is it a beautiful lot of flower...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 000101 0001001010 0001010010 10001100111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, of, moon are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word is is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines flower is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Is It The Child Of Moon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.