This is an analysis of the poem Poetry (Sonnet) that begins with:
The life’s chance and creative spirit
United painfully in you,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abca cXcX ddXXdbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 011101010 01010001 11010101 1011101100 00110101 11011101 010001001 1100101 010001010 011111010 11111101 11111110 10010101 100111010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 124
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; s, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Poetry (Sonnet);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.