This is an analysis of the poem To A Wave that begins with:
Where were you yesterday? In Gulistan,
With roses and the frenzied nightingales? ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXabcbXbcbXbdedefcfcbdXdgbgbbabX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 32,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011010100 01010101000 1011011101 0101101101 0101010111 1101011101 01100100100 1111010101 1101111111 0101011101 1001100100 1001111101 1001110101 01111101001 1100010101 11011000011 1101110111 0111010110 1111011101 0101010111 1011111101 11010100101 11010111010 1001111101 1111000101 1001011101 1101011111 0101011001 1001110101 0100011011 1001011101 0100011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1422
- Average number of words per stanza: 253
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of To A Wave;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.