This is an analysis of the poem Sometime that begins with:
Unto the earth the Summer comes again:
She has, to quench her thirst, the dews and rain; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXb cccc ddee bbff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1001010101 1101010111 11110101110 111101 1101010101 0111010101 1101111101 010101 0101010101 01010110101 1011100101 1100011 0111110101 0111010111 0111111010 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 172
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words she, her are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sometime;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.