This is an analysis of the poem Robin that begins with:
Robin sang a song for me
Once upon a day, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXX XbXc bbcb XdedXaebe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010111 10101 1010101 10100 1010111 00101 1011100 11101 1110101 10100 1110101 01100 1110111 10001 1011101 10101 1010101 10111 1101101 10101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 105
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Robin;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.