This is an analysis of the poem Peace that begins with:
Love, poised for ready flight,
Ruddy as morning light, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabccb ddefffg eeahhaiijXggj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,7,13,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101 101101 111101 100101 11010001 1011 100101 101111 110111 1010101 110111 111101 1111 110101 100101 1101001 111101 10011 1011 101111 101100 101101 1111000 101101 110101 1001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 243
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; that is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Peace;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.