This is an analysis of the poem Mother’s Grief, The that begins with:
So fair the sun rose, yester-morn,
The mountain-cliffs adoring! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcbcbdede fbfbdbdbXeXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 0101010 01010001 1001010 01111101 1101110 10010101 1101110 10010111 1101010 01010101 0101010 01110101 0101110 01111101 11110010 01110101 1110010 11111111 1001110 11010101 1001010 01010101 1101010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 401
- Average number of words per stanza: 71
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mother’s Grief, The;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.