This is an analysis of the poem Love-Song that begins with:
A bird flies over the sea-
Over the golden sea, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaB cbccB dddB ebeeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,4,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111001 100101 00100101 11010 101101 111010 100101 11111111 11010 11100101 1010100 11100101 11010 1110111 111010 1110111 111001001 111010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines sea is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word beloved at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love-Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.