This is an analysis of the poem Faded Flower, The that begins with:
We watched in the dear Home garden
Our tenderest flower that grew: ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb cded XaXaedXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001110 11001011 1001010 0100101 111111110 1101101 01000110 1101101 1001110 100101 1001110 1101101 11011110 1011001 011011010 1101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 183
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; our, never are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word never is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Faded Flower, The;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.