This is an analysis of the poem December that begins with:
Now the Summer all is over!
We have wandered through the clover, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXb bbcc ddee aabb ffbb aXgg ffhh iiii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 11101010 1110111 111101 1010001 1010101 101111 0010101 1111111 1010101 1111101 1010001 10101110 11101110 1010101 1010101 1011101 1110101 1110101 1010101 101010110 11101110 1010111 1111101 1110111 1010011 1010101 1010101 1010100 1001100 10100110 11100010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 123
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word we is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of December;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.