This is an analysis of the poem A Prayer (A Prayer For Strength) that begins with:
O soul! However sweet
The goal to which I hasten with swift feet- ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccdd eXfgaahh eegfii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101 0101110011 010111 111101 1111110111 010111 1101100001 110101 11001 0111111110 111101 100110 0111110011 111101 1011111111 110101 100111 1111100101 0111010101 010101 111101 0100011101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 278
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Prayer (A Prayer For Strength);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.