This is an analysis of the poem Poem Of The Reason For Cheer that begins with:
We live in astounded wonder
At change of contrasting events....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaX ccXX dede XbXbXcece
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11001010 11001001 1010110 11001111 111111011 01000001 011111110 1101111 1101001111 111101111 00010101 0110101 01111001 1100101 01001011 01011111 11111111 111111011 110011001 1011001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 148
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, we are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words were, we are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Poem Of The Reason For Cheer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Igor Severyanin
- Analysis of Poem To Luminous Brother
- Analysis of Poem Of Old Rhythms
- Analysis of Poem Of Feeling Of Spring