This is an analysis of the poem Give me the wings that begins with:
Give me the wings, magician! So their tune
Mix with the silver trumpets of the Moon,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabbccdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101010111 1001010001 1011010101 010100001 10010101110 10110101010 1111110111 11000111001 1101110001 1101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 415
- Average number of words per stanza: 77
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Give me the wings;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.