This is an analysis of the poem The Gift that begins with:
His eyes are bright and eager, with the brightness
of the sun,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaBcaBXdadBdebceBfcbcbXbdaXabbgGgGdhfhg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 39,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01111100010 001 101101 01111101011 101 101101 111000110010 101 0111011101 0101 1110111 1101010101111 111 1110111 110111011011 1 1110111 10101010111110 1 11101010001111 1 1110111 001011100110101 101111 11001101010 101 0010101010100 01 111101 10111011111 101 101111 0101011110111 101111 111110001101 01 111110101110 111 1010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1233
- Average number of words per stanza: 239
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Gift;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.