This is an analysis of the poem To A Sea Shell that begins with:
Friend of my chamber--O thou spiral shell
That murmurest of the ever-murmuring sea! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXaabbacdbdbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1011011101 110000101001 0100010100 1101000111 1101001111 1101000110 11010101001 1100111111 1111011001 1011110101 0101100101 1001000101 1001010101 01100010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 567
- Average number of words per stanza: 96
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To A Sea Shell;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.