This is an analysis of the poem My Prayer that begins with:
O my God, my righteous God.
Not you, in heaven apart,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cXcbdbdXeeXefXfcXXedafaXdXdededfbece
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,36,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111101 1101001 11110111 011111 11010101 111100 11010001 110001 11110101 110001 1011101 001111 11110101 1101110 101001100 101110 11110101 111101 11011001 010101 110110010 01101 11010001 1010001 11100101 010001 01101111 110111 110101001 010100 11111111 010100 11000101 1010001 11010101 111111 1110101 110101 11110101 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 577
- Average number of words per stanza: 113
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, god, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Prayer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.