This is an analysis of the poem Pockets that begins with:
Are generally over or around
Erogenous zones, they seem to dive...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXb aXa bac dbX eXd bbeXeac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100010101 100011101 0001001 110101 00110001 011001 0110101 010001 111101 010100 01110101 111010101 11111101 110101010 100101010 0101001101 11011101 01011111 01000100 11010111 10010101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 94
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pockets;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Howard Nemerov
- Analysis of A Day On The Big Branch
- Analysis of Magnitudes
- Analysis of The Murder Of William Remington