This is an analysis of the poem Kicks that begins with:
The fishermen on Lake Michigan, sometimes,
For kicks, they spit two hunks of bait on hooks...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abca XXbc a Xc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,1,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01001110001 1111110111 11010010101 11110101001 111011110100 100100101010 1111111101 1110110100 11111110001 0100010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 105
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, that are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Kicks;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.