This is an analysis of the poem Because You Asked About The Line Between Prose And Poetry that begins with:
Sparrows were feeding in a freezing drizzle
That while you watched turned into pieces of snow...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10010001010 11111001001 1001000100 01010010111 1101011101 1111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 128
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Because You Asked About The Line Between Prose And Poetry;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Howard Nemerov
- Analysis of Political Reflection
- Analysis of The Painter Dreaming In The Scholar’s House
- Analysis of The Author To His Body On Their Fifteenth Birthday, 29 Ii 80