This is an analysis of the poem Bkiii:Xx The Conflict that begins with:
Pyrrhus, you can’t see how dangerous it is
to touch the Gaetulian lioness’ cub?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXb XXaa aabX XXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111110000 010100101 11010011110 01001 1111011010 10101011110 01001100101 11100 11110111101 101000101010 11010110011 01011 11100101001 1001011110 11101111010 10101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 165
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bkiii:Xx The Conflict;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Horace
- Analysis of Bkiii:Xxv Bacchanalian Song
- Analysis of Bkiii:Xvii The Approaching Storm
- Analysis of Bkiv:Ix Lollius