This is an analysis of the poem St. Elena, Iii that begins with:
Disse Blomster, jeg fik af det syge Barn,
Bærer jeg nu paa mit Bryst....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXa XXXXXX XXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,6,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111111 11111111 10101011 110111011 11111111 111010110 111101011011 10111101 1101111100 10101011 11111111 10101101 11110110 1011110 110010 101010011 11011011011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 203
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of St. Elena, Iii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Holger Drachmann
- Analysis of Stormfuld Aften
- Analysis of Saa Du Knøsen, Som Strøg Forbi
- Analysis of Saa Kvæder Den Liden Pilt