This is an analysis of the poem Swinging that begins with:
Praise whoever raised these poles
for some to swing while others watch....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XX XX aa XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010111 11011101 0111101 01011101 1110101 11011111 01111010 100101110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 73
- Average number of words per stanza: 13
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Swinging;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Ho Xuan Huong
- Analysis of Viewing Cac-Co Cavern
- Analysis of The Cake That Drifts In Water
- Analysis of Confession Iii