This is an analysis of the poem Moon Soaked (Autumn Strophes) that begins with:
Icy autumn winds sway...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabX XXX XbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 101011 001001 1101111010 1 01001010010 1110 1 100010011 11010110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 78
- Average number of words per stanza: 13
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Moon Soaked (Autumn Strophes);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.