This is an analysis of the poem Sea Poppies that begins with:
fluted with gold, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaaX Xbb XbXbb acbcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,3,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101 1001 1101 10011 10 11011 011010 11111 01110 111101 1101 1111 10011 10011 1111 11001 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 90
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines shells, leaf are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sea Poppies;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.