This is an analysis of the poem [month Of] October that begins with:
Look, how those steep woods on the mountain's face
Burn, burn against the sunset; now the cold...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabba Xcdcdc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111110101 1101011101 0111010111 1011110101 0101111101 1010011101 10011100111 11011100101 1101110100 101111101110 1111010111 11010111110 1111111111 10111101010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 332
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of [month Of] October;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Hilaire Belloc
- Analysis of The Mirror
- Analysis of The Marmozet
- Analysis of The Death And Last Confession Of Wandering Peter