This is an analysis of the poem [month Of] January that begins with:
It freezes- all across a soundless sky
The birds go home. The governing dark's begun: ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abba caac deffed
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0101010101 01110100110 0111111101 01001010111 1001010001 1011010101 0101010111 110101001001 0101010001 11100100111 0100110111 0101011011 01010010101 0101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 200
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, it are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of [month Of] January;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.