This is an analysis of the poem Epitaph On The Favourite Dog Of A Politician that begins with:
Here lies a Dog.- may every Dog that dies
Lie in security - as this Dog lies....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011100111 1001001011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 78
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 2
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Epitaph On The Favourite Dog Of A Politician;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.