This is an analysis of the poem Manhattan that begins with:
Atlantes of the firmament! abrupt
The granite monsters of Manhattan frown,- ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab caca dada ebeb fdfd gdgd hihi fjfj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1000010001 0101000101 1001011101 1100110101 11001100111 1100010101 0101110101 0101010111 0111010101 1101010001 11110101001 10010101001 0101010101 1101010001 1101011101 010011010111 1101010111 111100101001 11001010111 11011100001 1101010101 1111010101 1101111111 0100110011 1101011100 1111010101 1111110101 1001000101 1100010101 1101010001 0111010111 1101111101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 175
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, thy are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words their, thy, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Manhattan;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.