This is an analysis of the poem Come Back that begins with:
COME back and bring my life again
That went with thee beyond my will!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefgfgf cacahihi djdjkkkkXjbjbgggg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11111101 11010110 01111111 11110111 11010101 11010101 11110111 01011101 01010011 110100001 11110101 11111101 11010111 111100101 110101101 11110010 11111101 11010101 11110111 0100111001 01011101 11110111 11110101 11110111 11101111 11011101 11010111 11011111 101101001 11011101 01111111 11111101 11110111 11010111 11110111 01011101 11010111 11110111 11110111 11110111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 293
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; me, and, no, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word nor is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Come Back;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.