This is an analysis of the poem Vittoria Colonna that begins with:
Once more, once more, Inarimé,
I see thy purple hills!--once more... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba cdcd bebe fgfg gdgd hihi cccc baba jdjd dddd Xkbk
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1111100 11110111 11010001 10110111 110011101 101100111 01111101 010011001 01010111 01010011 00010001 11111101 10010011 01001101 11110101 11111101 11110101 01010101 01010101 11011101 11011100 01000101 01011101 11011101 01100111 01000101 01011111 01000101 01010001 01010001 11010100 11000001 1010000111 01000111 11010101 0100001 110111001 100010101 011100001 01110101 100100 11010101 01110101 110100001
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; once, more, life, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, the are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vittoria Colonna;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.