This is an analysis of the poem Today We Make The Poet's Words Our Own that begins with:
To-day we make the poet's words our own,
And utter them in plaintive undertone; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddbXeeffXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0111010111 1100010101 1001010011 1001010101 1101010001 1101110111 1101011011 0111001101 1110111001 10011000101 1100111111 0001110111 1000010111 1010000101 1101010011 10110111110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 696
- Average number of words per stanza: 126
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, in are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Today We Make The Poet's Words Our Own;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.