This is an analysis of the poem To Cardinal Richelieu. (From Malherbe) that begins with:
Thou mighty Prince of Church and State,
Richelieu! until the hour of death, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccdeedefefeeghhg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010111 1010101001 11011101 11101001 10111111 11010001 10010101 110010001 101110100 01010101 010101010 110101001 010101010 01010101 01010001 11010100 110000100 11111101 10100111 01010100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 683
- Average number of words per stanza: 111
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Cardinal Richelieu. (From Malherbe);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Analysis of Jeckoyva
- Analysis of Voices Of The Night : Flowers
- Analysis of Voices Of The Night : The Reaper And The Flowers