This is an analysis of the poem Tide Rises, The Tide Falls, The that begins with:
The tide rises, the tide falls,
The twilight darkens, the curlew calls;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbAaaaaAaaccA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 0110011 011100101 01011111 0100100101 10110011 10101111 101010101 010101111 01011001 10110011 010101011 11110101 01011101 010100001 10110011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 564
- Average number of words per stanza: 100
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Tide Rises, The Tide Falls, The;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.